Our Privacy Pledge
Golden State strictly adheres to the GRAMM, LEACH and BLILEY LAW which states that "financial institutions" - companies that offer financial products or services to individuals, like loans, financial or investment advice, or insurance. The Federal Trade Commission has authority to enforce the law with respect to "financial institutions" that are not covered by the federal banking agencies, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and state insurance authorities. Among the institutions that fall under FTC jurisdiction for purposes of the GLB Act are non-bank mortgage lenders, loan brokers, some financial or investment advisers, tax preparers, providers of real estate settlement services, and debt collectors. At the same time, the FTC's regulation applies only to companies that are "significantly engaged" in such financial activities.
The law requires that financial institutions protect information collected about individuals; it does not apply to information collected in business or commercial activities.
"We [GSDM] fully believe that in order to provide quality service to our clients, we must strive to obtain our clients' trust. One way to gain full trust is to safeguard confidential client information at all times."
The following is our pledge to clients:
1. Client information will be strictly safeguarded and stored in a safe manner.
2. We will limit the collection of client information to the minimum we require in order to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes counseling clients on debt management issues, preparing a household budget and gaining acceptance of proposed payments to clients' creditors. We believe these services are the hallmark of our counseling services here at Golden State Debt Management and are necessary for the administration of the Consumer Debt Management Program.
3. We will not reveal client information to any creditor except for the sole purpose of having a proposed payment arrangement accepted by a client's creditor. The information revealed will be limited in scope and will be exclusively the information that the particular creditor requires in order to accept a proposal.
4. We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of client information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Pledge will be subject to an internal disciplinary process.
5. We will attempt to keep customer files complete, accurate and up to date. We will allow our clients to view their individual account information on demand.
6. Any client has the right to voluntarily terminate involvement in our Consumer Debt Management Program for any reason at any time, without incurring penalties from Golden State Debt Management.